Download the Emeritus Status Application
Points may be obtained through:
- Professional experience in the special events industry
- Special events industry organization membership and leadership
- Professional development and continuing education
- Professional industry contributions (including rating at least three (3) CSEP exams)
- Volunteer activities
- Industry awards and professional designations
CSEP Recertification Policies and Procedures
- Recertification applications must be filled in completely and legibly or they will be returned.
- Completed recertification applications must be received by ISES Headquarters on or before November 30th of the fifth CSEP exam anniversary and accompanied by the $200 USD recertification fee.
- Late applications received December 1 – December 31 of the CSEPs expiring year require an additional late fee of $50 USD, total fee $250 USD.
- CSEPs who fail to recertify by December 31st lose their CSEP status and will receive a certified letter stating that the individual must cease and desist all usage of the CSEP designation.
- All CSEPs who are approved for recertification will receive written notification and a new certificate. The ISES Certification Committee reviews extenuating circumstances surrounding late recertification submissions.
CSEP Recertification Application Instructions
- A candidate applying for the CSEP recertification must have accumulated a minimum 25 points before the recertification application may be submitted.
- All points claimed must have been accumulated within the past five (5) years.
- It is important that all information requested on this form is completed and all attachments/verification provided. All points obtained must be validated by proper verification documentation.
- Each section of the CSEP recertification application should be labeled with verification documentation following. Each section of the points summary includes a listing of acceptable forms of verification documentation.
Note: Materials submitted for point verification cannot be returned; DO NOT send originals unless you have a copy.
Return Completed Application to:
International Special Events Society
330 North Wabash Ave. Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60611 USA
+1 (312) 321-6853 or +1 (800) 688-4737
CSEP Recertification Fee
Current CSEPs are required to recertify every five (5) years on or before November 30th to maintain designation.
CSEP Recertification with Late Fee
If CSEP recertifies between December 1st and December 31st every 5th year, an additional $50 late fee is required.
Failure to Recertify Fee
To reinstate an expired CSEP designation, all exam application and registration steps must be completed.
Failure to Recertify
CSEPs who fail to recertify by the deadline lose their CSEP status and are removed from the CSEP directory.
Will be referred to the ISES Certification Committee for further consideration and decision.
Applicants with insufficient points to recertify may submit a written appeal of the recertification results. An applicant for CSEP recertification who has been notified that they received insufficient points to recertify may submit a written appeal to ISES Headquarters within 30 days. An appeal of recertification review results may address the following
- Expired CSEPs must re-apply and pass the written examination in order to regain legal use of the CSEP designation.
- The recertification applicant may submit additional information or documentation to update the application.
- The applicant may provide further explanation of any items that were discounted by the reviewers.
CSEP Emeritus Status
CSEPs reaching retirement age may now apply to receive an “EMERITUS STATUS.” All Requirements for “EMERITUS STATUS” are:
- The candidate must be 60 years of age or older.
- The candidate must have held an active CSEP designation in “good-standing” for a period no less than 10 years.
To apply for Emeritus status:
Emeritus Status Application
- A CSEP requesting EMERITUS STATUS must submit a brief essay (300-500 words) responding to the following:
- Describe how the CSEP designation has helped you in your professional life.
- Why you believe it is important to retain the CSEP designation.
- Essays must be submitted to ISES Headquarters by November 30th, of the individual’s recertification year to the attention of the ISES Certification Committee.
- Payment of $300 USD and age requirement documentation must accompany the essay.
- Upon approval of EMERITUS STATUS, a CSEP will receive a new CSEP Certificate with no assigned expiration date.
ISES Headquarters will offer rater training webinars at least four (4) times a year for existing CSEPs. It is required that all CSEPs complete this training before rating an exam and will only receive exams to rate electronically at that time. Each CSEP will be required to rate at LEAST 3 exams during a five (5) year period in order to be eligible to recertify.
Discussion Group Leader Information
Gain recertification points by becoming a CSEP Discussion Group Leader.
Form a discussion group, (see Preparing for the Exam tab) ISES policy states that CSEP test questions are not to be discussed outside of the examination. Any infraction of this is considered to be a violation of a candidate’s ethical responsibilities. It is also a violation of copyright law and test security.