Emerging Event Technologies Track
Saturday, August 3
Let's Talk Tech: New Tools + Old Jobs = More Fun
What is the right app for my client’s event? How do I select techologies that make my job easier and bring a big bang for the buck? We have your answers here! A lively panel discussion highlighting event professionals discussing the technology they use in executing their client’s events ranging from from apps to phone/computer platforms and services. Learn how they transitioned into using themand how it has since made their lives easier, increased productivity and made their events better.
• Sami Ari, SocialSami
• Leyla Arsan, Lotus Marketing
• Ariane Fisher, Storymix Media
• Ascertain how every day event producers/marketers use technology to make their lives easier
• Learn about highlighting certain apps, platforms and services that are free or of nominal cost
• Receive real life examples of before using the said technology and after
Before the Door: How to Turn Event Attendees into Rabid Fans
Everyone wants to be part of the great Social Media community. New and ever changing technoligies make it possible now more than ever to create the strong foundation of community before attendees and guests take their first drink and continue long after the red carpet is rolled up. We will take our attendees on a journey from the inception of an event to its completion and show how you can engage and create a community using various technologies.
• Micah Davis, Oven Bits
• Michael Gilvars, Fish Technologies
• Tamara Mendelsohn, Eventbrite
• Sam Stanton, Red Button TV
• Discover how to use tech to create buzz before an event
• Study how to use tech to develop community at an event
• Determine how to use tech to create engagement at an event
• Ascertain how to use tech to foster post event connection
ATIV Software: Mobile Changed the World. Now Watch It Change Your Events
Are you providing the mobile event apps your attendees expect? More powerful than a desktop computer 10 years ago, today’s mobile technologies can handle far more than websites. Yet, many events still only offer printed brochures, PDFs, or limited web apps. Attendees are already using powerful apps to tweet about your design, review your caterers, and “Bump” your vendors. Web pages and printed brochures do not meet their needs for personalization, interaction, instant access and easy sharing.
Just like the global publishing industry is experiencing a massive paradigm shift to mobile, events and meetings will see the same changes around content distribution. In this session, find out how mobile technologies are solving the core issues around creating paperless events without compromising the attendee experience, keeping attendees up-to-date, increasing communication and networking, saving print costs, and generating new revenue streams.
Presenter: Eric Shivey, ATIV Software
• Learn how to avoid expensive mistakes when choosing an app technology
• Understand app feature requirements to go paperless successfully
• Discover strategies to monetize your app, reduce costs, and increase ROI
• Create a "Wow" experience for attendees
Learning Lab: Get into the MIX with Entertainment, A/V Production and Emerging Technology
Let’s get into the MIX! This interactive experience will allow attendees to actually mix sound for a live performance, play with lighting programming as well as getting up close hands on interaction with other event technology and production equipment. This is a safe environment where everyone from the novice to the expert can walk in and try on something new or even ask the questions you have always wanted to without fear of scrutiny. While not critical, we encourage you to attend the second session in the track as we will combine speakers and hands- on work with participants for a more logical experience.
• Be able to ask any question
• Learn how to run a camera
• Make lights move onstage
• Run a soundboard and run a video switcher
• Wipe away any hidden fear you have of mixing boards and other production gear
• Finally, learn how to run graphics on led walls and see projections mapping technology!