Site Selections & Contracts Track
Saturday, August 4
Walk, Talk and Negotiate Like a CEO: Harness the Power of Positive Influence, Persuasion & Negotiation
Ever find yourself on the edge of doing something phenomenal and wondering if it is the right decision and the right time? Do you know how people perceive you and how you can leverage your strengths? What would be possible if you could communicate in a way people would listen and help you get what you want?
When you know how to maximize your Threshold Thinking™ opportunities appear and people help you get what you want.
• Linda Swindling, JD, CSP, Journey On
• Breakthrough to your personal threshold of success
• Ask Outrageously™ with inspired courage
• Make confident decisions & embrace strategic risk taking
• Create your next best steps for moving forward
• Improve your outcomes and accomplish your purpose
Learning Lab: The Ultimate Hotel Treasure Hunt - Making Site Selection Fun!
Hosted by The Fairmont Dallas
Lace up your sneakers and join us for an on-property site selection scavenger hunt at the Fairmont Hotel! Learn the best tips and tricks in site selection while participating in this fast-pace game as we search the venue for hidden/useable event spaces, ADA compliancy, location of the loading dock and master the art of figuring out the capacity of any given ballroom, utilizing the latest in event technology. This team building game will be run by Dallas’ own, i-Entertainment and hosted by the catering department of the Fairmont Hotel. Not just for beginners, this engaging session is for seasoned pros wanting to learn 5 new “quick on their feet” skills in site selection for their client’s next corporate or social event.
• Ann Renneker CMP, Fairmont Hotel
• Cameron Fox, i Entertainment
• Master at least 5 key skills necessary for site selection
• Learn to skillfully calculate event space capacity quickly
• Identify new ideas for utilizing traditional and non-traditional event spaces and locations
Ask the PROS and avoid the CONS - Site Selection & Venue Experts Negotiate with You and Spill Secrets
In this session, a highly interactive Q&A panel consisting of a corporate planner, a site selection firm, a hotel sales manager and an alternative venue sales manager (ie. non-hotel) come together to tackle the tough questions when it comes to site selection, including creative ways to utilize alternative venues, best practices on contract negotiations, understanding how time dynamics affects venue pricing and more. Plus, learn how to leverage the size of your event in venue negotiations, how to factor in supporting vendor services (AV, lighting, etc) into your negotiations, plus pros/cons of working in an alternative venue. This panel will discuss case studies of actual large-scale events (ex: Summer Olympics 2012 London) as part of their presentation.
• Adam Sloyer, Sequence
• Renatta Tellez, Vibiana
• Justina Treventi, Site Solutions Worldwide
• Megan Warzeniak, KSL Resorts
• Learn 5 best practices from the pros on contract negotiations with your venue
• Have the ability to identify numerous pros/cons of alternative venues along with an understanding of the pros and cons of each
• Create an interactive case study of sample contract negotiation process between planner and venue (how would a hotel handle it vs a non-hotel)